Monday 9 February 2015

DIY Eyelash/Eyebrow Growth Serum

Yes, you read the title correctly...
I hope you are all doing wonderfully, and I hope you enjoyed my first post for last week's Make-up Monday (a little long, but very informative, no?).  As promised in last week's Make-up Monday post, here is the secret to my long lashes!

Let's clear one thing first though before I get into the good stuff...

Question:  "Am I going to apply this stuff to my eyelashes and eyebrows at night and wake up to full, bushy eyebrows, and long luscious eyelashes?"

Answer: No. BUT, you will see pretty impressive improvements over time!

Now that that is cleared up, let's move onto what we our doing ourselves today!
Basically it is a super simple, at home serum that you can make using three ingredients that you may have lying around your house.  I won't lie to you, I only had one of the ingredients, BUT the ingredients are readily available at your drugstores (I found all of mine at Walmart) and are relatively inexpensive compared to the high-end lash growth gels that they sell in Sephora.   

Now I can't lie and type here acting like I wasn't born with a good set of eyelashes, but fortunately I was born with long eyelashes.  However, I always had a problem with my left eyelashes (they used to be noticeably smaller than my right ones; used to bug the crap out of me) but since using this serum for probably three years now, my left AND right eyelashes are pretty even!  As for eyebrows, I'm half Italian so I do have very thick, dark hair.  Trust me, I've had my fair share of eyebrow shapes from really thin, to really thick, to everything in between!  Don't believe me?  Here are my eyebrows through the years (recent-old).....
Yes... in 2009, they were this thin (good God what was I thinking lol)
Please let's get back on topic and forget that we ever saw those 2009 brows....

There are three simple ingredients for this serum (readily available at your local Walmarts!):
  1.  Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
  2.  Equate Vitamin E Skin Oil
  3.  Rougier Castor Oil USP
All three ingredients will help to condition and moisturize the eyelashes/eyebrows, lengthen, and thicken all while keeping them nice and healthy looking.  What you have to find is some sort of container to store the mixture inI use an old Avon Clearskin Blemish Clearing Acne Pads container that I have cleaned out.  

1. For your mixture you want to have:
     - 1/2 of the container filled with Castor Oil
     - 1/4 Vitamin E Oil
     - 1/4 Aloe Vera Gel  

2. Then you want to mix the three ingredients together with a disposable mascara wand (I get mine at Sally's Beauty Supply)


3. Then, when you are ready to apply, swirl the disposable mascara wand inside the mixture and scrape the excess off

4. Apply to your eyelashes and/or eyebrows.  Be liberal, coat the heck out of those babies!  I recommend doing this right before bed every night, and when you wake up in the morning you'll thank me!  Also, if you are just lounging around the house during the day and you don't have any plans, wear some during the day!  I will warn you though, if you put a lot on your eyelashes during the day, your eyes may get irritated and I find mine sometimes tend to feel a little heavy which in turns makes me want to take a nap (so what I'm trying to get at is don't be putting this stuff on your eyes before a huge road trip or operating heavy machinery lol).  Also, you will notice some of the product get on your lower lash line, or on your eyelids... this is completely normal, simply wipe off with a tissue.


As for eyebrows, I can vouch that this serum works with the before and after pictures listed below.  Keep in mind it did not actually take me 3 months to grow in the right eyebrow (thanking the Italian genes for that one), but these were the only pictures I had that showed the drastic difference in hair growth.  The "after" pictures show that the left eyebrow's tail is slightly longer now and the right eyebrow has thickened. 
Before (October 2014)
After (January 2015)

 Same thing goes for eyelashes as it did with the brows; I absolutely love the results I get with this stuff!  You can definitely see the lengthening aspect of the serum working and somewhat of a thickening result.  Obviously the serum won't allow a bunch of new lashes to grow in to make them look a lot fuller, but slowly it will add some fullness to your own lashes. 
Before (December 2014)
After (January 2015)

I actually gave a sample of the D.I.Y. serum to a friend of mine from school (Daniella @daniella_dambrosio) and she's already noticed a change in the way her eyelashes curl with her curler and how mascara applies to them saying, "My eyelashes stick in the curler so much better now and not awkwardly like before, and the mascara goes on so much nicer and smoother now." She also noticed a "definite growth in the length of her top and bottom lashes." 

Try it out and see if it works!  I've been using this serum for years (4+) now and I've seen nothing but positive results! There's no harm in trying it out right?  Be sure to stick with it and give it some time!  All the best if you do test it out!

Stay tuned for my next blog post and take care,
Glynn


I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work."
 Louis C. K.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Im going to try this out! Im all about natural remedies and your results look like you have extensions on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra :) glad you enjoyed the post! I hope this natural remedy is able to lengthen and thicken up your lashes as it did mine! Best of luck xo

      Delete
  2. Hey! I have read your Blog this So Nice and Awesome service you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know more about for Eyelash And Brow Growth Serum related to this then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making a purchase for the product here is considered to be an effectual choice which can help you to get the product at your doorstep and that too within a stipulated time interval. The best eyelash eyebrow growth serum is now made available at the online store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of treatments introduced on daily bases but the natural and safe way to grow eyelashes is eyelash hair transplant, Its properly working and no any side effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
    beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything
    is perfect!

    Eyelash Oils

    ReplyDelete