Monday 16 February 2015

Wet N' Wild Mega Last Lip Colours

Welcome back wonderful people!
Happy Family Day! I hope you're ready for another long, BUT informative Make-up Monday post!  Lipstick lovers out there, this is for you! 

This week's make-up related post is all about the Wet N' Wild's Mega Last Lip Colours that I mentioned in my very first Make-up Monday post!  If you love different coloured lipsticks but don't exactly love the price that comes along with buying a bunch of higher-end priced lipsticks, you have to give these bad boys a try!  
Yes the packaging isn't anything special, but isn't it what's on the inside that counts? Wet N' Wild's website describes them as, "4-hour, longwearing lip color leaving a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips."  To me that seems like a lot to say about these less than $3 lipsticks (depending on where you shop).  However, they really are a great find, and for that price... you can't beat it!

I would agree with the 4-hour wear and the fact that it leaves a semi-matte/creme finish in one stroke! These babies are very pigmented BUT I would highly suggest wearing some sort of hydrating lip balm underneath because they can feel and look a little drying as they wear through the day.  I always use my Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy before any lipstick application so that may be something to look into doing.  

So I'll just go over a quick Pros & Cons list:
Pros
  • Inexpensive
  • Large range of colours (nudes, reds, pinks, berries, on-trend shades, etc.)
  • Highly pigmented
  •  4+ hour wear 
  • Has 0.11 oz/3.3 g of product (a tad bit more than MAC lipsticks!)
Cons
  • Hard to find some of the colours (stores tend to carry the same 5-7 shades)
  • Some of the lighter colours tend to run a little chalky 
  • Crayon type of smell (if smells bother you, it doesn't bother me though)
  • Cheap-looking packaging 
  • Drying without a lip balm underneath
  • Darker shades stain the lips once taken off 
For the swatches, I just paired them with my go-to eyeliner eye look since it is pretty universal and can really go with any lipstick.  Enjoy the swatches!  If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to let me know in the comments!  
*Side-note: I currently have all 26 shades that Wet N' Wild carries which were purchased with my own money!*

PURPLE SHADES
919B Vamp It Up
916D Ravin' Raisin
908C Sugar Plum Fairy 
907C Mauve Outta Here
ORANGE AND RED SHADES
969 24 Carrot Gold
970 Purty Persimmon
909D Coral-ine



911D Spotlight Red
PINK AND MAUVE SHADES
901B Think Pink
905D Smokin' Hot Pink
965 Cherry Picking
966 Don't Blink Pink
968 Pinkerbell
913C Sand Storm
914C Mocha-licious
915B Spiked With Rum
917B Cinnamon Spice
918D Cherry Bomb

I hope you enjoyed the swatches and this post gave you some insight on maybe a new lipstick to try out next time you're at Walmart!  As long as your lips are moisturized well before hand, you'll be golden!

Stay tuned for my next blog post and take care,

Glynn

“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.” 
Gwyneth Paltrow

4 comments:

  1. Loving these products and their colours! My favourite is Rose Bud x

    www.pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a pinky-neutral kinda girl? Rose Bud would look great on your skin tone girl! My favourites are the orangey-red shades! Love the pop on my fair skin. Thank you for the comment Senay ♥

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!! Love the swatches!!! Definitely gunna try out some of those lipsticks!!!

    Youse a really fine gyal :)))))) Super pretty ;)))

    Love the passion my bredren :)))))

    Keep up de hard-work child...you have a bright future ahead of ya me darling :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, wow! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement :) they really are appreciated! ♥

      Delete